Thread: Lineweights do not display in paper space/viewport

Login to Give a bone

Default Lineweights do not display in paper space/viewport

Line do not display in viewport created in paperspace and does not plot. Plot lineweights is checked in the plot manager.
    Line weight is displayed in model space.
    Line weights are defined "By Layer"
    C3D generated profiles (left, right and bottom axis) display in model but not in Paperspace/viewport and do not plot.

I feel I have checked/set the "typical" settings both in autoCAD and C3D.

Still looking!

Thanks for your help

Mark

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lineweights do not display in paper space/viewport

If the layer/object color is 1-255 (not a truecolor or colorbook color) _and_ you are using a plot style (CTB/STB), then the plot style table will determine the lineweight - not the lineweight setting applied to the object.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

but -- the lineweights should still be displaying on screen, regardless of whether they match the ctb/stb or not

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Where is the old way of seeing the proper lineweights and also seeing in color.

I'm having a simmiliar issue in that there is this 'new' thing that will universally turn on one line weight and not use the CTB file. The only way I've currently found to display the proper lineweights in paper space is to go into the plot settings, check on all the normal items, but also check on the display plot styles near the ctb file selector. This will then apply the CTB file to the sheet, but my only exception is it will apply it truly, in that you will see in black and white. Also, don't forget to turn on the display line weights to see the thickness of the lines.....

Login to Give a bone

What old way?
    If you apply plot styles to the layout, you'll see basically a print preview with lineweights and colors applied to the elements.

Be careful with "AutoCAD Lineweights", because they have a display factor applied to them...

facdis.png

Not to mention they are displayed relative to the screen, not the drawing. IOW - when you zoom out the lines get "thicker" on the screen. This is not representative of how they will print.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I remember in paper space, being able to just display the line weights per the CTB file and still see the colors, by default background colors and such. I know it is going print out in black and white and don't care to see it black and white on the display as I don't like staring at a white screen all day...

Anyway, there seems to be a apply universal line weight override somewhere. just need to turn that one off and say look at the ctb file for line weights (and don't change the screen to black and white.....)... that is all, and for some reason I can't seem to be able to find that option as I'm stuck in displaying the one line weight universally....

or to just change the default lineweight setting to by CTB file......
    Last edited by USMCBody; 2016-05-05 at 09:32 PM.