See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New Autodesk Releases

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: New Autodesk Releases

Quote Originally Posted by michael.12445
    So if Autodesk's policy was equivalent to Microsoft's, you would still be able to upgrade from R14, but not from R13.

Michael Evans
    Hi

Might not be upgrade price, but 30% discount is still a reasonable saving -

New Autodesk Releases

Good luck in your new CAD software choice....

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: New Autodesk Releases

Quote Originally Posted by michael.12445
    Now that Autodesk has announced the "retirement" of the release we're using (2002) on January 16, 2006,
    Hi Michael

You might be interested in the following...

Retirement Strategy Pays Off for Autodesk With Record Second Quarter Revenues

Autodesk has decided to change the timing of annual product retirements to synchronize more closely with annual product releases in March. The change is being implemented with the retirement of AutoCAD 2002-based products. The previously announced retirement date has been extended from January 15 to March 15, 2006. Autodesk believes this move will improving customer satisfaction as well as increase the total number of customers who take advantage of the opportunity to move to new releases.
    +

AUTODESK REPORTS RECORD REVENUES OF $373 MILLION

In response to feedback from customers, resellers and the sales force, the company also announced a change to the timing of annual product retirements to synchronize more closely with annual product releases in March. The change is being implemented with the retirement of AutoCAD 2002 based products. The previously announced retirement date has been extended from January 15 to March 15, 2006. In addition to improving customer satisfaction, the company believes this change will increase the total number of customers who take advantage of the opportunity to move to new releases.
    General note to everyone - I have posted the above information as a heads-up, NOT! to start a soapbox debate on Autodesk policy...

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2005-08-20 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Additional information added.

I could stop if I wanted to michael.12445's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: New Autodesk Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi Michael

General note to everyone - I have posted the above information as a heads-up, NOT! to start a soapbox debate on Autodesk policy...

No, I'll leave that to Evan Yares and others...as I mentioned in another thread, the decision about which CAD software to use has been effectively taken out of my hands, as we are merging with another company that is on subscription (and has its own IT department). The merger is to take place this fall, at which time we will be moving to 2006. Therefore our 2002's will be upgraded well before the now-extended retirement date.

Michael Evans

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456