Thread: AutoCAD 2005 and roaming profiles.

I could stop if I wanted to bskripac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2005 and roaming profiles.

We are using AutoCAD 2005 with Windows XP, but our roaming profiles are not working. Things such as tools palettes and the acad.pgp files are not being recognized when logging on to anther machine. Everything appears to be pathed correctly (looking to the documents and setting folders) but they are not showing up. I looked on the Autodesk Knowledge Base page and in 2004 roaming profiles were supported and I would assume that they still are in 2005. has anybody else had this problem. Thanks for you help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2005 and roaming profiles.

You maybe confusing XP roaming profiles and AutoCAD Profiles.

When you configure AutoCAD and go through the options screen. The last tab is the profiles tab. This lets you manage the profiles you have setup for different projects, companies, however you use profiles. If you don't export these profiles to a common location they remain with the local machine.

To make the profiles available you have to export them and import them when a user changes machine.

This can be accomplished using VBA or VLisp. Never tried it VLisp but it should be able to be done.

I had a VBA routine that checked if a user profile existed in the users Origin drive, if not it loaded the default profile. When the user closed AutoCAD it save the profile back to the users Origin drive and removed it from AutoCAD.

HTH

Robert Aitken

I could stop if I wanted to bskripac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2005 and roaming profiles.

The AutoCAD profile (.arg file) is saved in our roaming profile so this is not the problem. The arg file will pull up on whatever station I go to in the office. I can open the Options dialog, and all of the pathing shows up correctly. The Tool Palette File location is pathed correctly to C:\Documents and Settings\skripbr\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2005\R16.1\enu\support\ToolPalette, and there is an .atc file there that it should be referencing but it is not showing up.