See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (2) Parcel Labels

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default (2) Parcel Labels

I want a parcel label style for a large scale & a parcel label style for a smaller scale with more info.

Is it possible for a Parcel to have 2 different labels styles with out duplicating the Parcel?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: (2) Parcel Labels

Quote Originally Posted by tim_newsome View Post
    I want a parcel label style for a large scale & a parcel label style for a smaller scale with more info.

Is it possible for a Parcel to have 2 different labels styles with out duplicating the Parcel?
    Why not just create a tertiary Parcel Style that combines both the Large Parcel and Small Parcel components you want to be displayed?

To answer your question; [I have no idea, as I do not use parcels].

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2014-12-17 at 08:27 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I only want the lot the lot numbers and area to show on site plan and only the lot numbers on the rest of the sheets. Is there a way to do that in a label style?

Login to Give a bone

I only want the lot the lot numbers and area to show on site plan and only the lot numbers on the rest of the sheets. Is there a way to do that in a label style?
    What I'd do, is use a Parcel Style for your Site Plans, and use COGO Points for your lot numbers on other sheets.

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

What would be the benefit of a point & label, vs simply text?

Could a field get the lot no from the parcel object?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    What would be the benefit of a point & label, vs simply text?
    Using a COGO Point to label lot number is less work than text labels to maintain, and supports 'orientation by view', so one can use any orientation for plan sheets, etc.

Could a field get the lot no from the parcel object?
    I honestly do not know; never tried... Have you guys implemented Parcels yet?

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

View rotation maybe, but a single mtext vs managing points, groups, labels, and label styles does seem simpler.

Can parcels be labeled when xrefed? That might fit the OP with a site plan dwg and separate dwgs for the other sheets. One problem with either points or text is the lack of connection to the parcel object. I don,t bother with parcels, so ymmv

Login to Give a bone

View rotation maybe, but a single mtext vs managing points, groups, labels, and label styles does seem simpler.

Can parcels be labeled when xrefed? That might fit the OP with a site plan dwg and separate dwgs for the other sheets. One problem with either points or text is the lack of connection to the parcel object. I don,t bother with parcels, so ymmv
    You only have one lot? *chuckles*

A single Point Group (optional), a single Point Label Style, and you preclude the possibility of any user either modifying Text to not be annotative, or erasing old label to add new, non-annotative label... To boot, one can lock a Point Group.

[Edit] - Survey provides everything in COGO Points anyway, so it's not really that much of a stretch to have 'one more' Style to manage... Your Survey groups is using C3D for all project now, instead of Land Desktop 2009 still, right? *chuckles again*

In all honesty, I do not use Parcels here either... At least not yet.

Instead I've added some automation to the already simple task of adding COGO Point labels for 'dumb' parcels, by iterating a selection set of one or more closed polylines, and create a COGO Point on the appropriate layer, with the appropriate Style applied. Adding a simple Object Reactor will dynamically link the COGO Point to the parent, closed polyline so long as it is not the recipient of a PEDIT, or erased from database. The enhanced grip functions on polyline make it easy to preclude the latter. It was also easy to use that same code to make an 'export to ascii' function, for import into another drawing if needed.

[Edit] - Although, it might be more intuitive to simply prompt for drawing selection dialog, and replicate said COGO Points via side Database using ReadDwgFile(); hrrrmmm :geek:

I've been working with Civil 3D since 2009 in one capacity or another (i.e., testing, deployment creation, and daily production, etc.), and have yet to 'need' Parcels to complete any project faster than I did when still using Land Desktop 2006, 2009.

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2014-12-04 at 07:32 PM.

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    You only have one lot? *chuckle
    Well, usually. Falling water state park is one lot.....

Login to Give a bone

Yes. You can add a Parcel Label to a parcel which is located in an XREF. Parcels are not allowed as Data References, but you probably already knew that.

When adding the annotation for parcels, you will need the parcel area selection label visible. This is the one that is located within the XREF. I would recommend this label be set to a layer which you may set to a No Plot state when it is located in an XREF. Anyway, select the Annotation tab of the Ribbon and then choose to Add Labels. Make sure Parcel is set as the Feature to label. You will then select Area for the Label type. Of course, you will need to have your desired label style chosen before clicking on the Add button. This will prompt you to select the parcel area selection label. There are other options available.

These steps will generate an object which is listed as a Parcel Face Label and is associated with that parcel.

Does this help?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast