Thread: Multiview block definitions and Attributes - AutoCAD

Login to Give a bone

Default Multiview block definitions and Attributes - AutoCAD

Hello all,
    I've been building some standard multiview blocks for our department, and I seem to run into some limitations/bugs I can't seem to find any more information on.

Rotation of an attribute can't be controlled thru a multiview block? Trying to add a "Rotate" option filters out the attribute.

When I copy a DDATTDEF, the visibility state can be set to the attribute, but only if it's a copy made inside the block editor. If I have both attributes from each view defined before entering the block editor, it will ignore the visibility state of both of them.

I'm basically creating a flexible tool for match lines, where I want the "centerline" to be stretchable in either direction, with sheet title attributes on both sides of the line. (Your typical match line.)

Anyone have any experience with this? I've taken a few tries at it now, and haven't gotten anything I'm happy with yet.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiview block definitions and Attributes - AutoCAD

Not 100% certain of what you are doing, but it sounds like you are trying to use a dynamic block as a view block in a Multi-View Block (in, I assume, AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP). If so, Multi-View Blocks do not play nicely with Dynamic Blocks and will not pass through any dynamic features.