See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Billing Cloud Credits

Login to Give a bone

Default Billing Cloud Credits

I'm trying to figure out how best to track credit usage for reimbursement. However, I'm running into the following issue:

From the web-based management interface, we are able to see usage by user but can only see the total number of credits they've used to date. We are not able to see the details of their usage such as how many credits used per rendering or the name of the model rendered. That can only be viewed by logging into the user’s Autodesk 360 account.

The information is there, it just isn't accessible in a way that's conducive to a project manager. May I propose that Autodesk work on adding this data to the account management interface?

In the meantime, has anyone developed a functional way to track credits among users for billing purposes?

Thanks loads,

Sean

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Billing Cloud Credits

Quote Originally Posted by scarter675965 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how best to track credit usage for reimbursement. However, I'm running into the following issue:

From the web-based management interface, we are able to see usage by user but can only see the total number of credits they've used to date. We are not able to see the details of their usage such as how many credits used per rendering or the name of the model rendered. That can only be viewed by logging into the user’s Autodesk 360 account.

The information is there, it just isn't accessible in a way that's conducive to a project manager. May I propose that Autodesk work on adding this data to the account management interface?

In the meantime, has anyone developed a functional way to track credits among users for billing purposes?

Thanks loads,

Sean
    Hopefully someone can give you some advice on how to handle this. If you'd like to make a wish, there is a forum here that would be an appropriate place to log it: http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay....Labs-Wish-List
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Billing Cloud Credits

I realize this is not an ideal answer, but that doesn't make it a bad one. Force them to bill their time for their credits used. Since you can see total credit usage per user you can make them accountable for each credit they use. If they use an online service then they need to fill in a Credit sheet (think of it as a time sheet, except for credits). If they don't, then pull their account rights to the online services. Or perhaps a better way of thinking about it is as an expense report. Except in this case they need to be accountable for their credits instead of their business expenses/receipts. For a person like myself, that has a company credit card, I would lose the card if I abused my rights with it and didn't report each expense. Use the same logic for this.