Thread: Duct Visibility Settings

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Duct Visibility Settings

I am having a graphic issue with a specific modeling scenario that I deal with quite often. When I model a side tap register I will have the following...

A short duct run (which will include a beveled connection created by my routing preferences) + a duct accessory (balancing damper) + a short duct run + an air terminal (supply grille). This configuration is shown below in Scenario #1. The issue is that all the vertical lines that define each element will blend together when plotted. (Note that the damper is a modeled damper that I simplified by using Symbolic Lines to represent the handles when shown in Fine View).

What I would like is to have something more like Scenario #2. However, to accomplish this I had to model a duct run off of the main main duct to create a beveled connection and run it long enough so that I can insert a damper and attach a grille at the end. I then delete the two short duct runs, re-align the damper to the beveled connection and re-align the grille to the other end of the damper. This seems like a laborious process.

So, is there an easier method or is there some kind of MEP duct setting that will allow me to hide the vertical lines (in this case) of the elements at their connection points eliminating the vertical lines all together?

Of course, as usual, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Duct Visibility Settings

Just bumping.