Thread: BIM Technician Skills Matrix

Login to Give a bone

Post BIM Technician Skills Matrix

Has anyone got one of these that they are willing to share? We are an MEP firm, so something with an MEP focus would be helpful.
    I'll upload my draft one when I'm back from holiday & have better connectivity.

By way of explanation, I have successfully implemented 4 levels of BIM Technician in what was once our CAD team; Juinor, Intermediate, Senior, & Team Leader. Each has a paragraph text description attached (developed by our HR, not me). Now a manager is trying to avoid promoting a high performing team member - saying the descriptions are insufficient to measure against.

I'm looking for something that genuinely records BIM skills, not just Revit skills as I expect much more that just software competence before I put someone forward for promotion. Obviously a large amount of a BIM Technicians role is modeling & sheet presentation, especially at the lower job levels. But there is also project set up, model maintenance, coordination, design ability, BIM plans, etc, etc.....

Thanks in advance.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BIM Technician Skills Matrix

My apologies in advance, I can't seem to paste a direct link to this from my iPad. But search for Autodesk University - "BIM titles and job descriptions: how do they fit in your organizational structure?" by Joseph Joseph. He gave the presentation in 2011, but it's an excellent resource.