Thread: Removing grand total line in schedules

Login to Give a bone

Default Removing grand total line in schedules

Is there a way to remove the grand total line and just have subtotals? See attached screenshot for example, I want to get rid of the 7311 SQ.FT.

Also is it possible to get rid of the semicolon in the subgroup text? Can the header line be removed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Removing grand total line in schedules

I am not going to be a lot of help here, as I was only able to resolve one of the issues.

Turning off the Header Bottom Row Line component removes the lower of the two lines below the schedule title, but does not remove the space between the lines. You can edit the Column Headers cell format override and reduce the text height to 0.00000001 to minimize the extra height. (Setting it to exactly 0 does odd things to the entire schedule.)

The semicolon is hard-coded into the "Row" group orientation. For the Row group orientation, ACA concatenates the Header text for the column (property) on which the grouping is based, a semi-colon and the value for that property and displays that string on the group row. Since you deleted the header text from the column on which you are grouping, you just got the semi-colon and the property value. I do not know of a way to remove the semi-colon character from the Schedule Table.

I was hoping that I could get rid of the grand total, by adding a formula property to the PlanningAreaCalculations Property Set Definition to pass through the value of the SquareFeet property as an unformatted number, and then add that as a hidden column in the Schedule Table, specifying that that column have a total, and finally removing the total from the Base Area column (SquareFeet property). While that still enabled the subtotal feature while editing the Schedule Table Style and allowed me to specify it for the displayed Base Area column, ACA did not display subtotals in the actual schedule instance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Removing grand total line in schedules

Thanks David for the reply! This was my first post.

Jason Dunkerton