Thread: Simple VB code for a programmer

Login to Give a bone

Default Simple VB code for a programmer

Hello all, I have reciently just completed the Autodesk's getting started guide for VBA/.NET, I easily can see the possibliities, but I'm not there yet. I've run into an area where I know a small snippet of code will solve my issue.

Essentially, on an MEP steel component, I have a property set for "Finish". There's a list for it, this part functions fine. But what I want, is the 'finish' shown on the property palette to be long hand (For example, Goldgard III) but on the referenced schedule I just want GG to display. (Order code for the product itself.)

My little brain says
    if <propertry set> = Goldgard III, GG, (if <propertyset = Pregalv, PG, (if...etc etc etc.
    This obviusly doesn't work.

would anyone know any reference I can read up on for something along these lines?
    (Copying code to a reply wouldn't hurt either haha) but I would really like a better understanding instead of a canned "fix it."

Any help would be greatly apprechiated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Simple VB code for a programmer

Welcome to the wacky world that is .NET development.

Perhaps you could post the working code you have so far, and a sample AMEP drawing? It might help others to help you, if they don't have to try and replicate your situation.

I generally code for AutoCAD, and Civil 3D (my primary production tool), however, for AMEP reference material, this AEC DevBlog article may be of use.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000