See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Wrong annotative scale calculation for Mtext??

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Wrong annotative scale calculation for Mtext??

Hi folks,
    I've been playing with Annotation scales from few days and I'm confused on below case. Can someone explain me why the calculations seems weird:-

1. Open attached drawing(Here two text styles "Standard" and "Annotative" and the Annotative is current style)
    2. Run MTEXT, Pick first corner
    3. Now enter S for Style and type "STANDARD" and pick other corner of editor
    4. Type some text and exit editor

Here you can see the text style is changed to Standard and the text belongs to Standard style. But, the text height is not changed and it is same as the Annotative text height??!!

Edit:-
    This problem is not related to Annotation scaling, but text styles. The text height is not updated when switching the Styles.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sandeep_koodal; 2015-01-29 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Missing information

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wrong annotative scale calculation for Mtext??

I do not see a problem.

The "standard" text style has a fixed text height set to 0.0, so it defaults to the value of the sysvar "textsize".
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

You are right about the TEXTSIZE var...
    I don't know how to explain my doubts, but here are some more things to be cleared.

Change the style to Standard, and create a Mtext. The text height will be 2.5(model text height)
    Switch the style to Annotative and create a Mtext. The text height will be 2.5(Paper text height) and 25(model text height)
    But why this behavior is not maintained while we switching the style in between Mtext command?

Login to Give a bone

because the annotative behavior is _object_ behavior. and the object definition begins to generated when you start the MText command. Style changes after that point can't modify the overall properties of the object definition - just what's displayed in the string portion of the Mtext object. Think of it as changing layers halfway through a single word in MText. It's not possible, and shouldn't be - because LAYER is an overall object property.

Moral -- if you want annotative MTEXT, start with an active annotative text style.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    Style changes after that point can't modify the overall properties of the object definition - just what's displayed in the string portion of the Mtext object. Think of it as changing layers halfway through a single word in MText. It's not possible, and shouldn't be - because LAYER is an overall object property.
    If Style changes after that point can't modify the overall properties of the mtext, then why it is working as expected when there is a text height assigned on the style dialog?
    If you set a height for annotative style at text style, then the height will be updated even if we change the style in between the mtext command. I mean the problem occurs when the text height is set to zero at text style.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Finally Autodesk accepted this as a problem. Let's see how they will fix it.
    http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...ith-MTEXT.html