Thread: Changing the Enter Key Function

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Changing the Enter Key Function

Hey all, It's been awhile since I've used Autocad because my former job took me out of the CAD dept and put me into the Estimation Department for a number of years. I no longer work for that company and landed a new job where I'm back in the CAD/Pre-Fabrication Dept for a large HVAC and Mechanical Company. Please forgive me in advance but I'm a bit rusty. It's all slowly coming back. Anyway, here's the question. At the moment, I'm doing a large number of Block Insertions into about 20 drawings (3 Floors of a school and basement, 5 areas each level , Areas A thru E). The Block is a very simple block we use to enter Room Name, Room Number, and Ceiling Height. When inserting the Block into the drawing, it opens up the Edit Attributes dialogue box where I enter the information. What slows me down is, after entering all the information, when I hit he Enter Key, it just takes me back to the first Attribute Line. I would like the Return Key to complete the function (just like clicking the OK Button at the bottom of the dialogue box). I know, I know, I could just use the Tab Key but I'm so used to having the Enter Key finish anything after I'm done typing, I was hoping I could change the setting of the Enter Key. Also, sometimes I accidentally hit the Tab Key twice and I end up cancelling instead and have to start over completely...arrrr. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kane333; 2015-01-29 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Changing the Enter Key Function

I would make a VBA or lisp routine querying for the params and coordinates for the block and then let the routine place the block.