Thread: Certification First Attempt 2015

Login to Give a bone

Default Certification First Attempt 2015

Hello,
    ok so..After using AutoCAD for 10+ years, I finally decided to get certified. Today I took the test (2 hours and 35 questions, 160$)..and Failed miserably.

The reason I am posting here is to get some reviews and comments. Firstly, I answered all questions and I think most of them (70%) were answered correctly. But my score was 35%.

How can it be. I may have failed..but 35% score kind of troubles me. A lot of questions were about measuring distances - mostly diagonal distances from midpoint of point A to endpoint of point B. Unless I messed up the readings, I think most of them should have been ok. Please tell me....when u measure distance...between 2 points diagonally, there are 2 factors which come into play,,, X and Y...ok

I am sure that the length factor in properties dialog box is the right distance value and not the X and Y values. Please correct me here. What other courses or classes (online incl) can be taken to get certified.??
    What else shud I have done to pass it and how do I know the correct answers of that test. Can I appeal? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. You can email me also awardeecad@gmail.com

thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Certification First Attempt 2015

Was this the official Autodesk Certification? Associate or Professional? (Presuming that is still the two labels they use)
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Yikes - $160?!

Hope they offer some Open Door Certification Days this year... I paid $35/ea for AutoCAD and Civil 3D Professional certification exams.

Sorry to hear you didn't do so well on your first attempt, as well. Better luck next time!

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by awardeecad690784 View Post
    Hello,
    ok so..After using AutoCAD for 10+ years, I finally decided to get certified. Today I took the test (2 hours and 35 questions, 160$)..and Failed miserably.

The reason I am posting here is to get some reviews and comments. Firstly, I answered all questions and I think most of them (70%) were answered correctly. But my score was 35%.

How can it be. I may have failed..but 35% score kind of troubles me. A lot of questions were about measuring distances - mostly diagonal distances from midpoint of point A to endpoint of point B. Unless I messed up the readings, I think most of them should have been ok. Please tell me....when u measure distance...between 2 points diagonally, there are 2 factors which come into play,,, X and Y...ok

I am sure that the length factor in properties dialog box is the right distance value and not the X and Y values. Please correct me here. What other courses or classes (online incl) can be taken to get certified.??
    What else shud I have done to pass it and how do I know the correct answers of that test. Can I appeal? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. You can email me also awardeecad@gmail.com

thanks
    To the point -
    What command are you using to get the distance values? Are you using object snaps?

Command: di
    DIST
    Specify first point: mid
    of
    Specify second point or [Multiple points]: end
    of
    Distance = 60.4649, Angle in XY Plane = 34, Angle from XY Plane = 0
    Delta X = 50.0000, Delta Y = 34.0000, Delta Z = 0.0000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Was this the official Autodesk Certification? Associate or Professional? (Presuming that is still the two labels they use)
    It is professional exam. I think..Autodesk had eliminated associate exam, Its only professional now.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    To the point -
    What command are you using to get the distance values? Are you using object snaps?
    I used osnaps. sure. so as per your post here....distance is 60.4649. On test, you have to type this number (60.4649) and not pick out of 4 choices as I had earlier thought.

Login to Give a bone

I sat the the 2014 pro exam about a year ago and if I had not done some revision I would never have passed. Now bare in mind that I have used AutoCAD since Release 10 (yes the pre windows versions) and my job is Supporting/Training AutoCAD based products. So I know AutoCAD well. I found the questions in the test could be very ambiguous in that more than one question could be correct but one would be more correct than the others. I found the course ware from Ascent was really useful as it takes you through the topics that are likely to be covered in the exam and gives you the Autodesk way of answering them.

http://www.ascented.com/courseware-s...e/autocad.aspx

Also worth mentioning that I picked up a lot of tips while preparing for the exam so it was well worth doing.