See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: acad.pgp being overridden by TEXTEDIT

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: acad.pgp being overridden by TEXTEDIT

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    As you can see setting c:LK == nil does not restore the original LK alias. Where this breaks logic to my mind, is it's one thing for LISP to overwrite a value, but even if one performs a REINIT to reload PGP, the LK alias is never restored (where I think it should, so long as c:* prefixed equivalent for any alias in PGP should be overwritten if == nil, IMO.
    Cheers
    It would be nice to have an undefun function in lisp that would restore the original LK alias, but previous definitions are not stored anywhere. Anything you set to nil remains nil in that drawing till it's closed and reopened. So LK alias will be restored then. The nice thing about the limits placed on lisp is that it makes learning it safer. For most simple code if it didn't work correctly when tested you could always close and reopen the drawing then try again. Not many types of code are that forgiving.

Login to Give a bone

Could it be the AutoComplete function kicking in? Scripts may be exempt (or run fast enough to avoid triggering the AutoComplete), but I know it takes a while after a new installation before I use the FILLET command enough to have that rise to the top of the list when typing just F and expecting the command alias to give me FILLET. When AutoComplete was first introduced, I inadvertently ran the FASTSEL command more times than I care to remember.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    Could it be the AutoComplete function kicking in? Scripts may be exempt (or run fast enough to avoid triggering the AutoComplete), but I know it takes a while after a new installation before I use the FILLET command enough to have that rise to the top of the list when typing just F and expecting the command alias to give me FILLET. When AutoComplete was first introduced, I inadvertently ran the FASTSEL command more times than I care to remember.
    I do not believe so, as the bottom of the command line output I posted here states:

Code:
    ; error: no function definition: C:LK"
    ... It hasn't failed to find the original assignment of LAYLCK, it's still looking for the earlier LISP Defun.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I meant for the original poster, who may not have an AutoLISP routine C:T that runs the TEXTEDIT command.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12