Thread: Does anyone use electrical conduit tools?

Login to Give a bone

Default Does anyone use electrical conduit tools?

I work for an electrical contractor. Our main employer has required we provide BIM models and attend coordination meetings in an effort to solve issues with the other trades. I've participated for 5 years or so now, and one thing that I have noticed is there are never any models from the Arch/Engineering departments that include electrical conduit. It is always upsetting to me because basically our trade is being left out of the overall design. Just like the duct and sprinkler we need space to run the conduit that is merely listed in a schedule as if it has no impact. This got me thinking, how many people actually use the conduit tools in AutoCAD or Revit? Conduit tools always seem to be lacking as far as how they work and what details are considered. Usually the pipe sizes aren't true to life among other things. I'm guessing this is due to the fact that not a lot of people use the conduit tools, so for companies like autodesk, what is the point or benefit to enhancing them further. Just curious. -Eric

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Does anyone use electrical conduit tools?

guess not...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Does anyone use electrical conduit tools?

Both AMEP and Revit have complete conduit libraries OOTB. E- Designers aren't putting in the efforts the M- P- A- and S- teams have in developing the tools and pushing technology in my personal experiences. I would guess it has to do with the level of prefab that takes place with Electrical over other trades.