Thread: Custom LISP Routine please!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Custom LISP Routine please!

I had a lisp routine that I carried through the years when I work with differed surveyors. Neve got one to use my list of keys. My lisp stopped working after 2014.

The lisp allowed me to pick the point at the top of curb TC elevation, (TC=00.00) then pick the flowline elevation (FL=00.00), if it exiting, the edge of gutter in line with the two previous shots. I would then manipulate these numbers and add them to a two or three level label with leader and all to clean up the area. The client, nor the designers would see the original points so as not to cause any confusion. I never took the time other than a few 10 minute periods to see what it took to fix, but in my industry billable is all they look at.

I would be most grateful if anyone had a routine that pick other attributes or was close to what I a am asking for, thn I could take it from there. Programming is a strong suit since I work for apple after hours programming in objective-C. Please help me, it is taking me longer and longer to process points for a topo when it should be getting easier according accoring to AutoDesk

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom LISP Routine please!

Welcome to AUGI.

Perhaps it would help others to help you, if you post the code you already have?

It may have stopped working with 2014, but we can help to identify why that is happening, and potentially revitalize an existing tool rather than start from scratch. Don't forget to include any dependent drawings, etc if applicable.

Separately, given your proficiency in C-based languages (cocoa?), you might find AutoCAD's .NET API or ObjectARX API (C++ for AutoCAD) to be of particular interest moving forward.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000