Thread: Linked file cut walls are transparent on screen (good) solid when printed (bad)

Login to Give a bone

Default Linked file cut walls are transparent on screen (good) solid when printed (bad)

New architectural client so things are different already. When cutting through their walls in plan, they appear with hatch patterns for brick, block, plywood etc and no pattern for the wood stud. Looks perfect for us! When I print or create a PDF, all the hatches appear the same except now the wood studs are solid. If I copy/paste their wall into in my plan, it views and prints fine (no solid hatch).

I've checked the usual view settings and nothing seems to indicate solid cut walls. The one thing I did find was the wall type had a custom named wood material assigned to the wall. This had been set to solid pattern which I changed to no pattern. That does nothing to the linked arch file and there doesn't look like a way to apply material changes to a linked file through VG settings.

Just for kicks, I went directly into the arch rvt, changed the material to no pattern, reloaded this linked file into mine and now mine views and prints as expected.

Is there a way to change this in MY file instead of changing theirs every time we get an update?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linked file cut walls are transparent on screen (good) solid when printed (bad)

I'm not sure it will work for you but worth a try.
    If you go to the VG settings, you can go to "imported categories" tab and here you can define certain things and view settings OF THE LINKED FILE.
    You may be able to over-ride this hatching here - but I would suggest making that quick change in the archi file is not a bad idea its a pretty quick fix and it's only this archi thats causing the issue.
    At the end of the day, its being driven by the material hatch settings in the host file (archi file) so unless you can by-pass this thru VG settings, or that imported categories setting, I suggest making that quick edit to the archi file is costing you nothing.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linked file cut walls are transparent on screen (good) solid when printed (bad)

The only thing I'm seeing in the imported categories tab is related to imported .dwg files. They have a .dwg site plan we've got a couple old .dwg typical details etc. Nothing for specific materials though.

I ran through so many combinations of coarse, underlay, transparency, filters etc but gave up. This may be the first time I've noticed a client specific material list so I never had to deal with it though.