Thread: 2-Pole Circuits - Isolated Power Panels

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default 2-Pole Circuits - Isolated Power Panels

Summary: 2-pole circuits able to be combined under single branch circuit number.

Description: My company works on a lot of healthcare projects. Typically this involves OR's (operating rooms) that require isolated power panels. These isolated power panels typically have two pole circuits even for 120 volt branch circuit loads. To match how the panel is constructed we need the ability to have a 2-pole branch circuit only take up one branch circuit number. An example right now is if I circuit a 2-pole receptacle, the panel schedule takes numbers 1,3. The way that the isolated power panels are constructed and numbered would require the 2-pole circuit only to take circuit number 1. Square D literature on their isolated power panels indicate that they are 16-circuit panels (2-pole). Currently Revit makes it so I have to have a 32-circuit panel to actually have 16 2-pole circuits available for use.

Please grant me this wish and make another Electrical Settings option to combine multi-pole circuits under one-row and using a single branch circuit number. OR give use sparky's the ability in Revit to specify the number of Max. #1 pole, #2 Pole, and #3 pole breakers in the panel schedule properties. Something to that affect. Electrical circuiting is too limited still even in this latest version of Revit. We also need the ability to assign multiple circuits to items and tag separately without having to use wire...I could go on for quite a while...

thanks,

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - MEP Electrical Panel Schedule - (Electrical)

Submitted By: darren hess on 02/11/2015

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2-Pole Circuits - Isolated Power Panels

My company and I are currently having the same problem. Did you even find a solution? I am searching all over, and I can not find anything to help us.

Thanks.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Add a new Distribution System, Single Phase, 3-Wire, L-L voltage of 120V. You will need to remove the parameter in the panel schedule that automatically populates the number of wires and manually enter '2' for the Isolation panels. When you go to circuit your receptacles, change the number of poles to 2, select 120V, and then select your isolation panel. If should populate correctly. I still haven't figured out how to have different primary voltages for isolation panels (i.e. 277:120 or 480:120), I think Autodesk needs to create a new family type that has transformer parameters in a panelboard family. I have a work around by dropping a transformer for each isolation panel, then hiding those in my sheet views. Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mlong761000 View Post
    Add a new Distribution System, Single Phase, 3-Wire, L-L voltage of 120V. You will need to remove the parameter in the panel schedule that automatically populates the number of wires and manually enter '2' for the Isolation panels. When you go to circuit your receptacles, change the number of poles to 2, select 120V, and then select your isolation panel. If should populate correctly. I still haven't figured out how to have different primary voltages for isolation panels (i.e. 277:120 or 480:120), I think Autodesk needs to create a new family type that has transformer parameters in a panelboard family. I have a work around by dropping a transformer for each isolation panel, then hiding those in my sheet views. Hope this helps.
    We also use this method to circuit to our isolation panels. It works well - except we can't tag the devices on plan with the circuit number. We have to use text. Did you figure out how to tag the devices on plan with circuit numbers?

Thanks