Thread: Rendering does not start, then rendering dialog disappears, then 3D view turns black

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Rendering does not start, then rendering dialog disappears, then 3D view turns black

When I go to render a view, I click the "render" button on the rendering dialog, at which point the computer "thinks" for about 5 minutes, then the rendering dialog disappears and the 3D view I was trying to render goes black. This is only for certain views; other views render just fine. Anyone know what it could be?

I do have another large Revit file linked to our model. I have made sure this linked model is not blocking any of our lights, and that all the lights are turned on, etc. Thanks!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rendering does not start, then rendering dialog disappears, then 3D view turns black

I had this issue and it was a semi truck in the line of view close to where I set the render view from. This could also happen with the link. Take the link out of the view or even unload it for the render. Go to the plan and render view and see where it is set and if anything might be in its way. The other is you need the sun on. Sometimes you need to click the sun settings at the bottom of your screen. Hope this helps

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rendering does not start, then rendering dialog disappears, then 3D view turns black

Try re-creating the camera a few feet back from where you were and check the height settings on the camera.