Thread: Wall cleanups around columns

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Wall cleanups around columns

Greetings,

I'm looking to find out how to clean up wall joins around columns, and other various locations where only one wall face is finished - in order to prevent the unfinished side's line from being displayed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall cleanups around columns

Welcome to the AUGI Forums!

I cannot really tell from your image, but it appears that you are displaying the Shrink Wrap component. So far as I know, there is no way to have the Shrink Wrap component show on one side but not on the other. For that matter, I do not know of a way to show just one side of any Wall component, and not the other. We had this issue come up from some people who were used to just drawing lines on the finished face in similar situations, but having double lines is not accepted.

In your example, it appears as though the left and top Walls are exterior Walls, and the bottom and right Walls are interior furring (perhaps GWB on one side of metal studs?). You could get the appearance of a single line in a Wall by adding a zero-width component at the finished face, with display settings to match whatever component you are currently showing, and then turning off all other components. But that will leave an odd cleanup with the exterior Walls, unless you break the exterior Walls at the interior Walls finished face, and then create a separate Wall Style for the exterior Walls at the column, and do the same thing - add a zero-width component and then only display that component. You may already have a separate exterior Wall Style at the columns, as any interior finish would not run through that area.

You do not mention what version you are using. The attached DWG file was done in ACA 2015 (2013 file format). In the image, the left side shows Walls in the out-of-the-box Medium Detail Display Configuration, while the right side shows the same Walls in the Low Detail Display Configuration. The Wall Styles at the "column enclosure" (I was apparently too lazy to draw in a column) have a zero-width component at the visible face and a style-level display override set for the Plan Low Detail Display Representation, in which all components except the zero-width one are turned off. The zero-width component was given the same display settings as the Shrink Wrap component (mostly ByBlock, to reflect the settings of the A-Wall layer, as the Walls are all ByLayer).
    WallsAtColumns02.png
    Attached Files Attached Files