Thread: Fixed scale for annotative blocks?

Login to Give a bone

Default Fixed scale for annotative blocks?

Hello, I have a few annotative blocks for Blue Banger inserts that I'd like to add a minimum center to edge of slab circle around it set to a fixed size.

Essentially the BB is just a symbol with an attribute next to it, but it's an annotative block so scale won't be an issue.

What I'd like to do is have the slab edge circle fixed to 8" regardless of the size of the symbol.

I added a DIA Parameter, set it to 8" but I see it scales the annotative block AFTER it's constructed the shape, then applies the viewport/drawing scale to the block, which breaks my 8" circle, as it gets scaled with the symbol and attribute.

I figure I 'should' be able to build a parameter that references viewport scale and factors it from there, but I have no idea how you'd determine the scale from the block editor tools. has anyone done something similar to this? Most Parametric modelling software, when you define a shape hard coded to be 8" it's 8" regardless of the scalable objects, seems MEP doesn't work this way.

thanks in advance!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fixed scale for annotative blocks?

Figured out a really easy way to do this. Simply build an annotative block. insert a non annotative block over the top and block the entire assembly together. Simply add the dynamic scales and done!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fixed scale for annotative blocks?

JasonP, I would almost encourage you to use a dynamic block with geometry that stretches.