Thread: Updating AutoLisp with DCL

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Updating AutoLisp with DCL

Hello,

I could use some help updating a lisp routine to include DCL. The routine was written by someone else, then edited by someone else and now I'm trying to update it.

The routine reads a text document and uses fields within it to increment values in an attribute attached to our communication blocks. Generally our comms blocks have 2 attributes, one for data, one for voice. Dialog boxes would open on the screen and allow the user to make adjustments to the formatting, or reset the numbering if they missed a block, etc..

I have the DCL file and with testing using VLIDE it seems to work just fine. The lisp routine has none of dcl commands in it, and I'm unsure of which code to remove to insert the dcl code. I believe everything will work correctly if you run it in acad 2005, our office uses acad 2014 though. Currently the lisp half works, you can do everything which does not require input/output from the dialog boxes.

I've uploaded the lisp, the dcl dialog, a sample drawing with blocks for testing and the txt template, you have to rename the extension of the .txt file to .edt

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Apologies if this thread shows up twice, something odd happened when I submitted this earlier.
    Attached Files Attached Files