Summary: I would be nice if the stairs would actually adhere to the values set in to the view range on all levels.

Description: Currently the stairs don't adhere to the values set in the view range when viewed from the level above when the stair is not a multilevel stair. If I have a stair that starts at the foundation level and terminates at the 2nd floor, at the foundation level the break line is placed at the elevation that the view range has set for the cut. That portion works great and I have no complaints about that. The issue is at the second floor framing level. When I switch over to that view I see the entire run of the staircase. It should place a break line at the bottom plane value. There are many forum threads on this site and others that have many different ways to work around this issue but we shouldn't have to have a work around for this. That just creates more work that can be multiplied if there are changes made to the project that affect the staircase. Also often times the opening in the floor for the stair is minimized to the point of head room clearance. What ends up happening in this case is the bottom of the stairs that shouldn't be visible from the 2nd floor are showing up under the framing for the floor. This causes more information to be shown than is necessary and needs to be fixed.

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - Stairs

Submitted By: Kyle Roseman on 03/05/2015