Thread: Revit Export to NWC

Login to Give a bone

Question Revit Export to NWC

Has anyone experienced the following?...

Yesterday, I was exporting some NWC files (from Revit 2014) for various disciplines and overriding the old files on the network, just as I have in previous weeks. However, something strange happened to one of the exports...
    When I opened up Navisworks Manage 2014 and updated my clash report, I noticed there were some elements sitting quite a ways from the building. Naturally I thought it was the user who had forgotten to remove those elements which were not needed, therefore, I went back into that specific model in Revit, looked for those items in the export view, but the items were not there. I thought it was strange, so while I had Navisworks opened, I selected the elements, and took the Element ID. Back in Revit, I searched for these elements by their Element ID and when Revit found them, the elements were within the building, in their respective locations. I was baffled by what I was seeing. Thinking there was a glitch when I exported to NWC, I quickly closed down Revit and Navisworks. Restarted Revit, export to NWC once again, opened up Navisworks again, and the same elements were still sitting outside the building. HUH?! I then selected one of the elements sitting outside the building, and realized something else had been selected simultaneously; the same exact element in its original location inside the building. WHAT?! Both elements had the same exact Element ID, they're both the same category, etc., etc. But in Revit the second element does not exist.

Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Export to NWC

I can't add any help for you on this thread but to say I have experienced the same problem in 2014 with one of my projects. I did my best to ignore it. Sorry I have no solution.