Thread: Plotting the same dwg to 2 different plotters and getting 2 different colors.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Plotting the same dwg to 2 different plotters and getting 2 different colors.

We have a HP Designjet 4000ps and a HP Designjet T2300ps. I print the same drawing to both plotter and get to different colors in the green & gray color.
    I plot from AutoCAD 2012 and use the same pen settings. Is this a setting with in the plotter or in Autocad?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotting the same dwg to 2 different plotters and getting 2 different colors.

I hate that grayscales and lineweights vary so much from one device to another. Both being from HP they should be close, is the same paper loaded in each one? You could make a PDF and print it to both plotters to test, but I don't think it's an AutoCAD issue.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotting the same dwg to 2 different plotters and getting 2 different colors.

see http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/p...01_title_r0005

on the HP site. article title is "HP Designjet 4000 and 4500 Printer Series - Color Matching with Other HP Designjet Printers"

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the Info. I was wondering if I made a CTB file for each plotter to make them more comparable?

Login to Give a bone

that would be extremely tedious and time consuming with a lot of back and forth tweaking pen settings, better if you can color lacibrate the output of one or the other of the plotters to better match the other. bearing in mind that they WON'T match completely.

myself, I'd simply accept that they have different output, and just use the newest one for final, and restrict the older device to draft or internal use.