Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palette Disappear

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Palette Disappear

Just laying some foundation:
    I've always kept the toolpalettes on a separate drive (easy access to the files, not that you need to access them much) like so:
    T:/ToolPalettes/Toolpalette-Layout (aka "the T-Drive" located on the server)
    I have also created and populated NEW toolpalettes so as to not overwrite AutoCADs default palettes.
    I have never needed to add the paths to the file locations other than in the "Tool Palette File Locations" in Options (Files Tab)... not saying that Coloradomrg's suggestion is invalid... just that I have not had to.

Can you tell us more ?
    What version of AutoCAD are you using ? are you using LT ?
    Are you modifying default TPs or creating new ones ? If new, what is the process you are going about this ?
    Did you just do a basic search for information on TPs (there is lots of info on TPs). I have posted allot of questions myself and pretty sure I have posted solutions to the was it worked for me. You can try reading some of those posts. Sorry at the moment, I do not have the time to find the right one for you to read...

But, If I recall:
    Create a folder named what you want to name the TP... and where you want it.
    Get the path somewhat like I am showing above (your location will certainly be different) and paste that into the "Tool Palette File Locations" on the Files tab.
    Then Ctrl+3. Should give you a blank TP.
    Populate it with a couple blocks, close the TP (Ctrl+3), close CAD.
    Launch CAD, Ctrl+3...

Are the things you put on there still there ?

Good luck.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Palette Disappear

Hi Bernie,

In response to the " new tab is no longer there when I close and reopen AutoCAD"; don't forget to re-export your new palette change you make to the Tool Palette file[.xtp] on the network drive. I've experienced Palette Groups[.xgp] files once exported usually refresh just fine when affecting tool palette changes.

If anyone ever experiences a 'Blank Tool Palette' [solution to be share or confirmed]; do the following.
    1) Locate the folder which gets populated with folders that are generated when you export a single tool palette[pictures of the individual blocks contained within].
    2) Identify the tool palette/ of the affected palette group, that regularly goes blank when restarting AutoCAD.
    3) Make Current the Palette group that has the blank tool palette & Re-import the Correct tool Palette. [ie. the version of the tool palette that is not blank w/o blocks]
    4) Either choose to delete only the highest numbered folders of same troubled tool palette name and also include the two most recently dated folders [ie. example: "...Line_Types_15" & "...Line_Types_9"]
    or
    Simple choose to delete all folders that get generated that share the same Tool Palette Name [ie. ex. "...Line_Types*"]
    5!) Export a fresh version of the very Tool Palette [ex. "Line_Types"]
    6) Close / save ACAD work & close AutoCAD then restart to test to see if the previously blank Tool Palette [in however many Groups] is now correct & populated!

*some end user adjustments will be needed for other Palette users to also experience the corrective change. [ie. delete Palette Group / Re-import Group(s)]
    Drew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12