Thread: Electrical Panel issues

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Electrical Panel issues

Hi,
    Having an issue with panel schedules. It seems to be a re-occurring issue. I cannot figure out what the issue is. Hopefully someone has some ideas. So, we just made a bunch of circuit changes and edited some text in the panel schedules for a release last week. Everything went out just fine. The person working on it did a sync before they left that day. Another person was working in the same model. Nothing to do with panels or circuiting. He did a sync before he left on that day as well. Today the model was opened and all the circuit changes went back to how they were before the changes and the text changes in the panels also went back as well. Any ideas what is going on? It a real pain and time waster in the office.

Thanks.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Electrical Panel issues

Sounds like a chair/keyboard interface problem. Most likely your users are 1) not saving their local files before/after sync (it's a check box in the sync settings), and 2) opening their local files rather than the central.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

1) I checked that people have their boxes checked to save in the sync settings. Everyone already had it checked.
    2) We don't have employees work in central models. We have multiple people working in buildings at the same time. Everyone creates a new local from the central to work on.
    Thanks for the ideas though. I'm at the end of my rope. Made sure everyone is up to date on there Revit versions. People are deleting circuits, not just re-circuiting. And its still happening.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

What version of Revit and which update? There have been past issues with circuiting behavior.

Have people been using the Update Names tool? That resets the naming of loads to the default naming scheme. Also when a panel is modify (its template) and reapplied to the panels that use it Revit warns that information you've typed into the panel will be lost. Has anyone been revising the panel schedule templates?

If it is a genuine bug then it is necessary to track down the circumstance in a way that you can repeat it and that the support staff can too.

Login to Give a bone

We ran into this using Revit 2014 and Revit Server, couldn't reproduce it off Revit server. The only thing we could do was to perform a reload latest before every sync with central. That seemed to do the trick and was an inconvenience for our users but better than doing work twice! We had used Revit and Server 2015 on another job without the issue. Now that i think of it, the issue may have been with 2013 and was fixed in 2014. Anyways, reload latest before every save that should do the trick.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Can I set a panel that can take 230V outlets and 400V at the same time? It seems that I can only set 1 distribution system per voltage. I tried to put a weather proofing 400V outlet into a panel that has a 230V, and it's giving me the line-to-ground error (which says that 400V is too much for the line-to-ground limit for the panel). Help please!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Steve,
    I updated everyone to Release 7 the day after the latest issues with the panels. Nobody is using the update names tool. I have not updated any panel schedules myself. I would really hope nobody else in the office has not been doing that. But, the engineers seem to like to screw things up in our models on a consistent basis. haha.
    I will keep a close eye on our schedules the next round of redlines that go through our drafters. I'm hoping that with everyone updated to Release 7. It cleans up the issues. If it does not, I will contact the support staff and get it looked at.
    Thanks.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin.Ramirez695819 View Post
    Can I set a panel that can take 230V outlets and 400V at the same time? It seems that I can only set 1 distribution system per voltage. I tried to put a weather proofing 400V outlet into a panel that has a 230V, and it's giving me the line-to-ground error (which says that 400V is too much for the line-to-ground limit for the panel). Help please!
    Well, you can if you change the definition(s) of your distribution system in Manage>Electrical Settings>Distribution Systems. I honestly have no idea why you'd want to do such a thing though. What do you even have that's 400V?