Thread: Halftone Old Revisions

Login to Give a bone

Default Halftone Old Revisions

Scenario: 15 sheets issued for construction on 1/1/2015. Two weeks later, 10 sheets are revised and released in bulletin #1 (1/15/2015). Two weeks later, 5 of those sheets are revised again and released as bulletin #2 (1/29/2015).

Is there a way to hide/grey the revision clouds for bulletin 1 only on the 5 sheets that have been reissued as bulletin #2? Changing the "show" settings in the revision dialog will remove them from all sheets (including the 5 that were bulletin 1 but not bulletin 2) so that is not good. I tried making a subcategory to revisions in the object styles, but you cant apply a subcategory to revision clouds. The V/G dialog controls all revision clouds, not past ones.

The only way I see to accomplish this is to select all of them and manually "hide in view" or "override graphics in view" to halftone it. Is this the only way? This could become a long process if there are many sheets and many clouds per sheet (especially since you cant use the "select all in view" with clouds).

I am hoping there is a setting somewhere to override the graphics of old/previous revisions.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Halftone Old Revisions

Did you get a solution for this? I can't find any and it looks like there is still no setting to control old revisions. We like to make our latest revision clouds and tags red so they stand out and have old ones go back to black. As you said overriding each one can be a long process and leave room for error.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Halftone Old Revisions

Typically when I issue revisions, the last revision cloud gets hidden and the tag stays. It's only information that's already been added to the contract documents. The tag clues you in to a previous change. No need in my mind to display the old cloud. In the revision dialog box, change that previous revision from cloud and tag to just tag. This way only the new clouds will be displayed on sheets.
    If you wanted to override them in view (since there's no option to change the sub-category even if you were to create one), I guess one could write a dynamo script to select all of the views and sheets in a model, find clouds on those views and sheets in a model, Mask it by Revision sequences is less that (what ever the current one is) and override in that specific view. But that'll have to be a sequential graph. I get a view, find the clouds on the view, filter clouds on that view, override them on that view, go to the next one. So you'll have a lot of lists for it to sort thru. But in theory I think that's how it'd work.