Thread: Turn-Off Column Bubbles Globally_Revit 2014

Login to Give a bone

Wink Turn-Off Column Bubbles Globally_Revit 2014

Hello,

I just linked-in a new architectural model and now I have column bubbles showing up on every floor plan in the MEP model. I have MEP view templates but they are used when the model is first set-up but they are
    not used on every floor plan in our model and I don't want to change visibilities that has already been set-up on the floor plans (I have about 100 floor plans for MEP).

I did place the new linked model on it's own workset but is there a way to turn off the column bubbles on that model only globally. If anyone know how to do this that would be great.

Thanks,
    Dave~
    Last edited by djmillsdjmdesign695507; 2015-03-23 at 11:20 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Turn-Off Column Bubbles Globally_Revit 2014

Quote Originally Posted by djmillsdjmdesign695507 View Post
    Hello,

I just linked-in a new architectural model and now I have column bubbles showing up on every floor plan in the MEP model. I have MEP view templates but they are used when the model is first set-up but they are
    not used on every floor plan in our model and I don't want to change visibilities that has already been set-up on the floor plans (I have about 100 floor plans for MEP).

I did place the new linked model on it's own workset but is there a way to turn off the column bubbles on that model only globally. If anyone know how to do this that would be great.

Thanks,
    Dave~
    You can go into your view templates (assuming you only have a handful, shouldn't take too long), and for each one, go into the linked model(s), set to custom, turn off shared grids and levels (or whatever else you want) and apply it to each template, this will effect all views using those templates.

Also, if you have similar views set up without templates, I would create one (or verify one doesn't exist the way you want it) and apply it to all the views that you want to show the same. And then you can turn off the column bubbles in those too.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Ted. I do have MEP view templates but the project has been active for awhile and I didn't want to apply any view templates to any of the views because they have already been set-up and some MEP views have different minor view ranges etc. I use the templates when I first start the project but after that the team staff makes there own adjustments etc. (if necessary). I think if I apply any of the start-up templates etc. it would change some of the views that are already set-up.

I was hoping I could somehow change it globally another way. View templates are great when first set-up but after the project has been set-up I didn't want to change someones view by accident.

Thanks for the response Ted,
    Dave~

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by djmillsdjmdesign695507 View Post
    I was hoping I could somehow change it globally another way. View templates are great when first set-up but after the project has been set-up I didn't want to change someones view by accident.
    If the grids are on their own workset in the architectural model you could copy monitor the grids. Edit the grid type in your model and change the grid head to not have a bubble. Then manage worksets from the linked file and turn shared levels or girds off or whatever they have called that workset.

View templates are great the whole job through. It can help with company standards and people not mucking around with how things look on printed views.