Thread: Ceiling Tags on Underside of Floor Assemblies

Wish List Administration

Default Ceiling Tags on Underside of Floor Assemblies

Summary: Add the ability to insert a ceiling tag on an RCP that calls out the material and height of the underside of a floor assembly.

Description: We often use UL Floor assemblies to building many of our projects. Included in the UL assembly is a finish ceiling at the underside of a floor structure. This component is often associated with the fire resistance qualities of the floor, but in many cases doubles as our finished ceiling.

We do not want to have to create two separate assemblies (floor and ceiling) in order to create this UL type as it introduces the opportunity for user error if the assembly has to be created from two separate objects.

It would be great if you could tag the underside of a floor assembly in an RCP with a ceiling tag.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Justin Pelland on 04/08/2015

Default Re: Ceiling Tags on Underside of Floor Assemblies

Justin,
    I agree that it would be great to create a floor that is both floor and ceiling so I am marking your wish as something needed, but as a suggestion in the meantime that I use sometimes is that I have created a floor tag that looks like a ceiling tag, but calls out just the comments of the floor. In the floor comments I can put the "ceiling" type and height above subfloor. If I did this a lot I could create a project parameter that was a shared parameter that could input those items separately and be reported in tags. Now no matter how hard we try, this is still part of the floor and not a ceiling so we can not really schedule them, but this would allow a tag. Just a thought.