Thread: Re-establish the "Export DWG's to TXT" file option

Wish List Administration

Default Re-establish the "Export DWG's to TXT" file option

Summary: Please put the functionality for saving out the DWG export settings to a TXT file back into Revit.

Description: This functionality has been absent since Revit 2013. Yes, I realize we are supposed to use "Transfer Project Standards", but that only works if the models have ALL the same types of components. I need to develop a standard for the office that I can control 100% Transferring standards from another model is flawed. I usually find holes in the settings because the source model didn't have all the same components or families as the receiving model.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: shawn phillips on 04/14/2015

the Wild, Wild West! (previously DC/VA, NYC...)

Default Re: Re-establish the "Export DWG's to TXT" file option

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post
    Summary: Please put the functionality for saving out the DWG export settings to a TXT file back into Revit.

Description: This functionality has been absent since Revit 2013. Yes, I realize we are supposed to use "Transfer Project Standards", but that only works if the models have ALL the same types of components. I need to develop a standard for the office that I can control 100% Transferring standards from another model is flawed. I usually find holes in the settings because the source model didn't have all the same components or families as the receiving model.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: shawn phillips on 04/14/2015
    Yes! Please add this back!
    The ability to once again save out DWG/DXF Export Settings to a text file is important, and really irritating that it is not there. (... Specifically the Later Mappings. That is the tedious work that we shouldn't have to repeat.)

It seems like a small thing, but when needed it can save lots of tedious work.
    For example; just today an engineer spent the morning specifying every ACAD layer to be output from Revit to match the company CAD standards. Now he (very reasonably) expects to be able to export these settings and use them with other Revit projects whenever & wherever that might be.
    Also: He did his work in Revit 2016. So he simply cannot Transfer/TPS this into the Revit 2014 and 2015 projects.

It was rather painful for me to have to tell him that "Revit can't do that."
    Last edited by Tony C.; 2015-06-03 at 04:45 PM. Reason: clarify

Default Re: Re-establish the "Export DWG's to TXT" file option

My response here is obviously some time after the first post but..... new releases later & still no option to save a mapping file!
    Autodesk are you listening?