Thread: Autocad Publish Drawing Indexing

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Autocad Publish Drawing Indexing

I have a .dsd file (consist of 50-100 drawings) which I load every time I need to plot on PDF through publish command, I noticed that when I rename the Layout (by opening the drawing in another Autocad session, while Publish was still active in another session) and save, close it, then I will remove this specific drawing from my publish dialog box then add it again, expecting that the new layout name will appear, but it's not, the old layout name still there. My current solution is to close the publish dialog box and load the dsd file again and remove the opposing drawing and add it again, but loading the drawing takes time and I want to avoid it.

What I'm trying to say is, after I save the drawing, the "Publish" should read the new layout name, so I would not need to close and wait for my drawings to load again.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad Publish Drawing Indexing

Are you not using Sheet Set Manager?

the DSD is simply a list that's written out of dwg files and layouts. Not a 'smart' or integrated function. And _I think_ that the layout "name" that we see on-screen is just a friendly name for human beans to read and b e comfortable with. My understanding is that each layout is identified internally by a GUID, but you can test that by publishing from your DSD with the old layout name displayed, and see if the right layout gets plotted to pdf.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad Publish Drawing Indexing

HI cadtag, this is interesting, as what I expected, The Layout Name didn't change, and was no error at all, then I hit Publish Button and nothing_was_Publish_at_all. Even the other drawings that was not renamed, and the odd thing is Autocad prompt me a message that I am unable to view the plotted pdf because I do not have a PDF viewer installed which isn't true.
    Attached Images Attached Images