Thread: Dynamo : Family Parameter modification

Default Dynamo : Family Parameter modification

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working with Dynamo on a project. I'm an architecte student and we try to combinate Family (made with Revit) and organisation/management of thoses family with DYNAMO.
    Here comes my problem :

-When I associate my Family type to a point, I get in Dynamo my family with the parameters I've set in Revit.
    -If I extract with "Element.GetParameterValueByName" the "Hauteur" (Height) from the foot of my family, I get the value I've set when I created the family in Revit.
    -When I use the "Element.SetParameterByName", I'm also glad to see I can change the value for this parameter with a slider. So far, no problem.

What I want is to propose several "families" in Dynamo/Revit by changing one or many parameters with sliders.(For instance, I imagined that the size of the "foot" would be function from the distance to the floor).
    But What I get is the modification on all families! They all take the new value, even if they are not attached to the new set parameter. You can see that on the Screenshot.
    So I understand that it's interesting to change on time the value and get it everywhere, but it's not what I search. Have someone here any ideas, how I could solve this problem?

Apologize for my English, it's not my MotherLangage !
    Thank for your time

Baptiste
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Dynamo : Family Parameter modification

Hi,

I got some help and I could fix this. In case some other users would have the same question, here is what I've done :

I decided in my RevitFamily wich parameters are "Type parameters" and wich ones are "Instance Parameter".
    - I wanted each elements from a type could have different Length ("Abris_Largeur").
    - I created 3 elements from the same type and I choosed the "Element.Set.ParameterByName" to load the Length parameter (here : Abris_Largeur")
    - Because it's an Instance parameter, I could change the value for each elements I had.

Dynamo Help_ScreenShot.JPG