Thread: Duplicate a Tool Palette Tab

Login to Give a bone

Question Duplicate a Tool Palette Tab

It's been a while since I've needed to use AutoCAD, but our office has a new discipline starting and I needed to make metric and imperial blocks for it. I went ahead, added, titled and described all the blocks for metric. Now I have to do imperial.

What I would like to do is to duplicate the metric set I made and then just have to go in and change the path over to the imperial folder. That would be easier than copying in all the titles and names.

Is there a way to duplicate a tool palette tab?

Is there an alternate way to do this?

Many thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Duplicate a Tool Palette Tab

Open Design Center, navigate to the folder containing your blocks, right click on folder, select "Create Tool Palette of Blocks"

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by reidcharley View Post
    Open Design Center, navigate to the folder containing your blocks, right click on folder, select "Create Tool Palette of Blocks"
    Maybe a piece of my post didn't download for you. My apologize for that. But I have a tool palette and I created it. So knowing how to create one is not what I need. Once I created it, I added all the descriptions and titles for the tools in the metric palette. As I mentioned, I would like to duplicate that palette so I dont need to copy/paste the titles and descriptions, and thus would only need to replace the folder name that specifies metric into imperial.

So, I am looking for any ideas that let will aid in keeping the more bulk of the work done. Ideally something like a duplicate palette option.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Vanilla acad?

Export metric tp, and then import and rename.

You can then click each button and repath it to the correct location. If your naming would allow you to repath them all by simply changing a folder name or adding a prefix or suffix you could open the .atc file with a text editor and then use find & replace to fix them all automagically.