Thread: Wall join with strange angle

Login to Give a bone

Question Wall join with strange angle

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I have been reading quite a bit. I'm desperately searching for the right solution for my problem. Maybe there's an easy fix, but a already spent two hours trying and searching, but it won't do what a exactly want.

I want the upper brick wall with plaster finish (= Wall 2) to join with the brick and plaster in the bigger compound wall (= Wall 1).

Priority and core setup is as follows:

WALL 1 (Concrete compound wall): Exterior - Plaster [5] - Brickwork [4] - Insulation [3] - <Core - Concrete [1], structural - Core> - Interior

WALL 2 (Brick wall): Exterior - <Core - Plaster [5] - Brickwork [4] - Core> - Interior

Now I know that this way Wall 1 will not go through the concrete (5<1), so i changed the brick in WALL 2 to priority 1. So now i can get the brick to get past the concrete with the 'wall-joins'-tools. But then it will stop again at the insulation.

Wouldn't it be logical that the brick would go through the insulation as well (1>3)? Maybe it doesnt have reason to to that, because it doesn't see a reason to do that. But can't I overide this?

The only way I now can get a 'cleanish' result is with the 'cut profile'-tool, where i would carve out the insulation and concrete from the compound wall.

But then it is just visually gone, but it still affect elements, and the wall is actually still there.
    Another way I managed to make a clean join is when I make the brickwork in Wall 1 the structural and core, and all the rest a lower priority.But i don't want to to that, because it affects the same type-walls in other areas. It also just would't be correct...

Anyone who wants to give his/her 2 cents?

Thank you!
    Kind Regards,
    Vincent
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall join with strange angle

For wall 2, if you move the brick and plaster out of the core, and put an air layer in the core, does that fix it?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall join with strange angle

Yes it SOLVED the problem! I already drew the wall again with all separate components, but this is much easier... Thank you antman!