See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: WHY BEST RENDERING comes out GREY??

Login to Give a bone

Default WHY BEST RENDERING comes out GREY??

In MATERIAL BROWSER, i have created "Grass" from an actual photo of grass... and in the APPEARANCE TAB on the right, i have made sure that the drop-down arrow beside the image of the grass is set at "mental ray - Production Quality".

When i render as a simple ISOMETRIC of the model in "Best Mode", the grass is GREEN (great, which is what i want)............ BUT when i render a PERSPECTIVE of the model in "Best Mode", the grass is GREY (?????). [pls see attached images below]

Not sure what am doing wrong... any help out there?

Thanks so much!

Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: WHY BEST RENDERING comes out GREY??

Sometimes I find this happening when I am dealing with phasing and want to render a renovated space. I typically have to change my phase filter to "Show Complete" in order to have the render material show up on existing surfaces and for existing glass to show as transparent. Not sure if this is the case with your project or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rtbrodie108 View Post

In MATERIAL BROWSER, i have created "Grass" from an actual photo of grass... and in the APPEARANCE TAB on the right, i have made sure that the drop-down arrow beside the image of the grass is set at "mental ray - Production Quality".

When i render as a simple ISOMETRIC of the model in "Best Mode", the grass is GREEN (great, which is what i want)............ BUT when i render a PERSPECTIVE of the model in "Best Mode", the grass is GREY (?????). [pls see attached images below]

Not sure what am doing wrong... any help out there?

Thanks so much!

Robert

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jcoe View Post
    Sometimes I find this happening when I am dealing with phasing and want to render a renovated space. I typically have to change my phase filter to "Show Complete" in order to have the render material show up on existing surfaces and for existing glass to show as transparent. Not sure if this is the case with your project or not.
    Wow Joe! Thank you for this hint............ as a matter of fact, this IS a renovation project and the images in the pics are all EXISTING BUILDINGS. I am using PHASES for the very first time within Revit, and YES these buildings are listed as "existing". Will check this out and report back. IN THE MEANTIME, THANKS A MILLION FOR THIS INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rtbrodie108 View Post
    Wow Joe! Thank you for this hint............ as a matter of fact, this IS a renovation project and the images in the pics are all EXISTING BUILDINGS. I am using PHASES for the very first time within Revit, and YES these buildings are listed as "existing". Will check this out and report back. IN THE MEANTIME, THANKS A MILLION FOR THIS INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    W.O.R.K.E.D. L.I.K.E. A. C.H.A.R.M. !!!!! Thank you!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images