Summary: When an area schedule is brought in from another project with a custom area category, color schemes won't work.

Description: Say I have project 1 with a custom area category I've made called "egress" and an associated area schedule for that category listing my various egress areas shown in my area plan of type "egress". I then create a new project, project 2, and then paste in my custom area schedule from project 1. This brings in my custom area category called "egress". I can then create an "egress" area plan. However, when I go to place a color scheme, it says "no color scheme assigned to view". When I go to edit the color scheme, under the box under the Category pull-down it simply lists "(none)". I am for some reason not able to generate a color scheme for this area category. It doesn't make any sense.

I instead now have to delete the area schedule and custom area type and start all over again in project 2.

Please fix this; it inhibits our work flow using custom areas and schedules from project to project.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Area Tools

Submitted By: Derek Rubinoff on 04/24/2015