Thread: Can't Cope two beams error "coping applied but no cut was made. adjust coping ..."

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Can't Cope two beams error "coping applied but no cut was made. adjust coping ..."

Hi. I just started working with Revit a few months ago, and I don't have a lot of expericence with it.

I'm trying to design a connection between two beams and I have two different type of connections. The one on the left i did make a cope successfully, and when I select the beam that is meant to be cut I can actually see the cut there. The other beam when I try to cope I receive a mensage that says "coping applied but no cut was made. adjust coping distance or extension parameters".

I would like know if anyone is having the same problem and if so, how can i correct it.

I'm using wood as material and a coping distance equals to 0.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't Cope two beams error "coping applied but no cut was made. adjust coping ..."

Typically when I've seen that message it is because there is no coping able to be made for the beam you've selected to cope. I've dealt mostly with coping steel beams, but like, when a beam is joined to another beam causing it to do the automatic setback or whatever, it will often cause it to not detect an available cut for the cope. Try seeing if you adjust your beams "end extension" distance if it will push the end of your beam close enough to the other to give it something to cope maybe? I can't tell in the attached images which beam you are trying to cope.