Thread: Alignment Labels

Login to Give a bone

Default Alignment Labels

Does anyone know why my alignment labels, stations, keep disappearing? I'm trying to produce my sheets. On one sheet they are on, the next they are off. I've already checked to see if it is frozen in that viewport but it isn't. I think they are tied to some other layer but I don't know what or where to change it. They will also do the same disappearing in model space.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Alignment Labels

Several contributing factors... Alignment labels (if created), reside on a layer themselves, and may or may not have component layer specification within their respective Style definitions.

One easy way to find out is to use LAYTHW and/or LAYON Commands to select the problem labels, verify what layer the label objects actually reside on, and then right click, select Edit Alignment Labels, and dig into that label types Style settings. You could also use Prospector, but I find on-screen graphical selection more convenient (when available), YMMV.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Check to see what Object Layer the Labeling is on. You can find out what the Object Layer is by using the settings tab on the prospector right click on the drawing name up top and select drawing settings. This will bring up another dialogue box, go to the object layer tab and look for the alignments settings. You should see what layer is defined for those objects.

More then likely the object layer is frozen. Civil3D uses object layers for the placement of objects, however the individual layers actually control how those objects look in CAD and ultimately how they are plotted. Those layers will still show up as on or unfrozen in the layer manager while the object layer can be frozen.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried both but I'm still missing something. When neither worked I started turning one layer off at a time, and then I did a regen to the drawing after each one. I found that when I freeze my corridor lines the station labels disappear. Am I still just missing a layer setting?

For now I'm just going to say no plot on the corridor layer. But I'd still like to figure out how to change this so that I can freeze the layer.
    Last edited by stacie.61594; 2015-05-01 at 08:01 PM.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stacie.61594 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! I tried both but I'm still missing something. When neither worked I started turning one layer off at a time, and then I did a regen to the drawing after each one. I found that when I freeze my corridor lines the station labels disappear. Am I still just missing a layer setting?

For now I'm just going to say no plot on the corridor layer. But I'd still like to figure out how to change this so that I can freeze the layer.
    Yes, basically your alignments labels are being inserted on the same layer that your corridor lines are being generated on.

If you click on the labels and go to properties you should be able to change the layer and be able to shut off the corridor lines. I would then later go back through your template settings to see what object layer is being used for your alignment labels and your corridor line work and adjust which one is being placed on the wrong layer.