Thread: Need help with Revit yes/no parameter formula

Login to Give a bone

Question Need help with Revit yes/no parameter formula

Hi,

I'm trying to make a formula for a yes/no parameter which is depending on other yes/no parameters AND a dimension value.

I have an dimension parameter: railing_diepte
    a 1st yes/no parameter: b_baluster zichtbaar_diepte
    a 2nd yes/no parameter: b_baluster zichtbaar_diepte midden

Basically what I want for the 2nd yes/no parameter is:
    1. to be turned OFF when the 1st yes/no parameter is ON
    2. to be turned ON when the 1st yes/no parameter is OFF
    3. to be turned OFF when the dimension parameter is less then a particular value (in this case: <200mm)

how can I put this in a formula?? I've added a screenshot to show you guys how far I got with this.

I've searched this forum and others, but no result Thanks a lot to the guy/girl who can help me!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by willemdebruijn355287; 2015-05-18 at 03:05 PM.

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Need help with Revit yes/no parameter formula

You can accomplish this by using the AND function.

= AND(b_aantal_spillen_diepte, NOT(railing_diepte < 200mm))

The AND function will return a TRUE(YES) result if all of the specified conditions return a TRUE result. If even a single nested conditional statement returns FALSE(NO), then the AND argument will return FALSE.

The first condition is simply the name of a YES/NO Parameter, because the status of that parameter will satisfy the need for a TRUE/FALSE result; one does not need to create an IF/THEN argument.

The second condition includes the NOT function, which simply inverts the TRUE/FALSE result from the nested argument, which is an conditional statement based on the value of your dimensional parameter.

Login to Give a bone

CADastrophe, thanks for your reply.

You're suggestion doesn't work because the first YES/NO parameter will always be off because I want the 2nd YES/NO parameter to be on when the first one is off.

Clarification on this matter:
    - The first YES/NO parameter is an array, the second one is a single element which has a different (eq-eq) position than the array (hence this one is turned of when the second is turned on)
    - The second YES/NO parameter mustn't be shown when the distance is less than 200mm (in this case the heart-to-heart distance from the 'spillen')

I've added the family I made, you'll know what I mean then
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I asked the same question on an other thread, and there I found the solution! (BUT if there is an easier way, feel free to reply)

The solution is an Integer parameter, which has the formula: if(1st YES/NO parameter, 1, (if(dimension parameter > 200mm, 0, 1)))

so it tells you, when the length is <200mm the integer parameter will show a 0, when the length is >200mm it wil show a 1.
    so the next thing I needed to do is put a formula on the 2nd YES/NO parameter which refers to the integer parameter:
    if(Integer Parameter = 1, 1 > 2, 2 > 1)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by willemdebruijn355287 View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to make a formula for a yes/no parameter which is depending on other yes/no parameters AND a dimension value.

I have an dimension parameter: railing_diepte
    a 1st yes/no parameter: b_baluster zichtbaar_diepte
    a 2nd yes/no parameter: b_baluster zichtbaar_diepte midden

Basically what I want for the 2nd yes/no parameter is:
    1. to be turned OFF when the 1st yes/no parameter is ON
    2. to be turned ON when the 1st yes/no parameter is OFF
    3. to be turned OFF when the dimension parameter is less then a particular value (in this case: <200mm)

how can I put this in a formula?? I've added a screenshot to show you guys how far I got with this.

I've searched this forum and others, but no result Thanks a lot to the guy/girl who can help me!!
    Willem,

It sounds to me like you want to show the array'd objects ONLY if the user has seleted the first parameter AND the distance is greater than 200 mm. But if the distance is less than 200 mm OR the user did not choose the first parameter, only show the single object.

Correct?

If so, Try this on for size. It was created in 2014 and I work in English units so instead of testing for >200mm, it tests for >1ft. But you should be able to understand from there.

The Array's visible setting would be tied to YN1. The single element would be tied to YN2. There needs to be a third YN parameter. That's the one the user can check or not. Then the other two YN parameters contain the formulae that actually perform the work.

WillemTest.png
    Attached Files Attached Files