Hi I'm Damien. I am a Technical Manager for a civil engineering firm in Victoria, Australia and produce site and building plans for a company with about 30+ sites across the state.
They use these plans in a FM package called Aperture, which will no longer be supported in the latest Windows versions, and they are looking for a new FM program.

The Aperture program our client was using has certain limitations when it comes to importing dwg files, such as objects needing to be as close to 0,0,0 as possible to avoid zooming issues, and other block scaling problems. As we were surveying the sites to Geodetic datum, this posed a certain amount of unproductive drafting time.

Is there a package you would recommend, particularly as the base plans are all in 2d AutoCad, and I would rather not go through a whole new transistion process in order to import them into some other partially-compatible format?

Another item for consideration is the fact that the client already has a number of databases in Aperture, and the ability to export these from Aperture into the new package would be of particular importance.

Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Cheers,