Thread: GRADING INCREMENTS

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default GRADING INCREMENTS

I'm trying to grade a straight feature line left and right to an EG surface.
    is there a way to change the increments along the feature line as to how often the grading calculates to the left and right.
    Mine seem extremely close and is taking forever to generate.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: GRADING INCREMENTS

In the grading group properties, when you enabled Automatic Surface Creation, there was a Tessellation Spacing and Tessellation Angle setting. I found that if you uncheck the automatic surface creation and delete surface, you can then recreate the automatic surface and assign a different tessellation value.

TessellationSpacing.png

--Tom

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by C3D_TomR View Post
    In the grading group properties, when you enabled Automatic Surface Creation, there was a Tessellation Spacing and Tessellation Angle setting. I found that if you uncheck the automatic surface creation and delete surface, you can then recreate the automatic surface and assign a different tessellation value.
    You can make those same changes without unchecking or deleting the surface. It just means you need to modify the grading group after your change to the tessellation settings in the Grading Group Properties.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Feel like this just came up at IdeaStation; not sure if TomR was participant or not, but if so, kindly forgive the redundancy here.

- - - - - -

I cannot stand the Gradings mechanism in C3D, not even Infills behave the way they should (while they're better than Gradings generally) - as example: if you have an Infill between a residential lot, and a lot's building pad, then offset the pad 0.10 (we grade up to 8" below finished floor), then you're left with a 0.10 gap in your surface, instead of a subsequent Infill - that said Infills are redundant if you've already got the Feature Lines graded to create them in the first place. Grrr

Instead, I just use Feature Lines; consider SincPac's SPQUICKDAYLIGHT Command.

Cheers

- - - - - -

Disclaimer: I am completely biased.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Well grading objects are just one of many things that have NOT improved with Civil3D