Thread: AutoCAD LT Script that changes multiple attributes across multiple drawings

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question AutoCAD LT Script that changes multiple attributes across multiple drawings

I have about 52 different drawings, all with their own respective Title Block. In each of these blocks there is a attribute tag named SUBTITLE that needs to be changed. For all 52 of these drawings.

My computer is slow, and to but it bluntly, changing all of these would not only be tedious beyond belief, but it would also take the rest of today, and possible some of tomorrow. I have other things to do, so I need a faster solution.

I looked into LSP protocols, but not only do I not know how to use these, they are not able to be used in AutoCAD LT. I was directed here as a possibility of finding help.

To reiterate, I need a script that changes a attribite tag inside of a block, across 52 drawings.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

----

Here is some LSP code that I stumbled across. This, as far as my understanding of LSP goes, should be able to complete the task. As mentioned above, however, LSP application are not going to work, so I was pointed here. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks.

Code:
    (defun c:aTest (/ ss att)
      (if (setq ss (ssget "X" (list (cons 0 "INSERT")(cons 2 "36x24bdr")
           (cons 66 1)(if (getvar "CTAB")(cons 410 (getvar "CTAB"))
                  (cons 67 (- 1 (getvar "TILEMODE")))))))
        (progn
          (foreach ent (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex ss))
        (setq att (entnext ent))
        (while (not (eq "SEQEND" (cdadr (entget att))))
          (cond ((eq "SUBTITLE" (cdr (assoc 2 (entget att))))
             (entmod (subst (cons 1 "TEST1") (assoc 1 (entget att)) (entget att))))
          (setq att (entnext att))))
          (command "_regenall"))
        (princ "\n<!> No Blocks Found <!>"))
      (princ))

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD LT Script that changes multiple attributes across multiple drawings

There's a reason that Adesk sells LT for so much less than full. Without programmability, it's so limited that you will spend huge amounts of time doing repetitive tasks. Their idea, is that if you need productivity, you should get the full $4K package. So that's the 'official' route to take. And it will work. If this is a rare occurrence and LT satisfies you the large majority of the time, you can now rent a monthly license for full Acad from Autodesk. They call it Desktop Subscription -- see their main site.

As an alternative to the $4K expenditure or recurring monthly/quarterly/annual charges - you could look into BricsCAD from Bricsys, or Ares Commander from Graebert Systems, or one of the Intellicad variants. You'll spend less than for LT, and have a perpetual license you can run forever at no recurring costs.