I worked for a company once who sold a specific product and the company (Game Time) that sold the product gave the suppliers (well, not gave lol) a specialized version of AutoCAD called GTCAD.

They had a library of blocks that we added and after you finished a product you could run a report + an installation guide. This was well before AutoDesk purchased Revit. Maybe around 2000-2001ish.

The company I work for now could benefit from a similar setup. We have AutoCAD Architecture 2016 and while I know we could set up attributes on all the blocks .. the way the other program ran and worked was so much better.

You basically had a catalog of parts & pieces with item numbers, you type in the item # and the block popped on the screen.
Once you had your drawing done you ran the report and it created an estimate/invoice, a packing list, and an installation guide.

Does anyone know of a service or tutorials for something like this?

If it's something I can do myself that wouldn't be an issue, but if there is a company that already does this .. I would be interested in speaking with them as well on some pricing and time frames.

I just really don't want a convoluted way of doing it .. I want it to be streamlined like it was before .. and making attributes for each block just seems clunky (not to mention a messy looking drawing with all those numbers all over it).

TIA for any help
Jennie