See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: This is driving me flat out NUTZ!

Login to Give a bone

Angry This is driving me flat out NUTZ!

I'm new to building Multi-view parts in CAD MEP '11. I've built a block of a air handler sort of thing with four 8" ducts coming out in different directions. Problem is when I locate my connectors for the ducts MEP seems to insist on offsetting them from the part by the width of the block. I have gone back and made sure that my base point is dead on 0,0,0 and that's also dead center of the block. I've tried this with the same results about five times and can't for the life of me figure out what I could be doing wrong. Any and all help would be deeply appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: This is driving me flat out NUTZ!

I fixed but didn't completely figure out the problem. I had copied a piece of my block from another block in the same project. I didn't realize that the piece that I had copied was itself another block. But whether the problem was that I had inserted a block into another block and then tried to make an MVPart out of it or whether it was that the piece I had copied was made up of several complex mesh surfaces and Content Builder didn't like that is now my question. I ended up totally rebuilding the part with extrusions and it worked really well with that.