See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REVIT MEP Schedules - general notes

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default REVIT MEP Schedules - general notes

Does anyone know a good way to get general notes at the bottom of schedules? This is where our firm usually puts our manufacturers data and requirements for equipment. We usually have a big box at the bottom with an itemized list that gets numbered back into the schedule for specific information.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: REVIT MEP Schedules - general notes

not that i know of, other than (on the sheet where it's placed) drawing a box at the bottom corner of the schedule and typing them in it. you just have to keep checking it in case the schedule changes size. i don't think you can align/lock it to the schedule, that'd be nice. or bring in the option for top or bottom notes in all schedules like you can in a panel schedule... (Hints for revit developers)
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

You can't get a notes field at the bottom of your schedules, but you can get one at the top. For the firm I work for there was some initial hesitation to use this method since it was different than what we've done in AutoCAD. But it saves a bunch of time and looks just fine once you get used to it. If you're interested I can explain the process or you can probably find it with a search.

Login to Give a bone

Interesting, do you have a screen grab example

Login to Give a bone

Sure. Below is a commodity air device schedule that I use.

There was some push back as I mentioned because it's different than what most have gotten used to. But I finally "sold" this concept by noting that in every other area of our documentation the notes come first. First sheet in a drawing set - notes and legend. First item to look at on any individual sheet - general notes, then key notes. So why not on our schedules too? Once I got a few people to just stop thinking it looks stupid and give it a fair shake it's gone fine. Besides, the engineer is often complaining that contractors never look at the notes on their schedules. Well, let's put them first and maybe they'll get more attention...

AirDeviceSchedule.png

Login to Give a bone

Nice, i see how your using keynotes to provide the list, and agree it will bring them to the attention of those reading the schedule.

I don't however see how you add the list to the schedule though.

Login to Give a bone

I just have a second "key" schedule for each of my fixture/equipment schedules that I place directly below them on the sheet. I think it's possible to actually link the two schedules together somehow, but I haven't bothered figuring that part out yet.

All AUGI, all the time JoelLondenberg's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BenSammis View Post
    I just have a second "key" schedule for each of my fixture/equipment schedules that I place directly below them on the sheet...
    I like nightyeight's method better, just because it doesn't require maintenance during the course of the project. Layering the two schedules together works, but for live schedules you'll have to constantly be moving things around on the sheet as the schedule grows and shrinks.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by neightyeight View Post
    You can't get a notes field at the bottom of your schedules, but you can get one at the top. For the firm I work for there was some initial hesitation to use this method since it was different than what we've done in AutoCAD. But it saves a bunch of time and looks just fine once you get used to it. If you're interested I can explain the process or you can probably find it with a search.
    I assume you did this by grouping the headers...? Editing the text is a bit of pain this way, but very clever.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jlondenberg View Post
    I like nightyeight's method better, just because it doesn't require maintenance during the course of the project. Layering the two schedules together works, but for live schedules you'll have to constantly be moving things around on the sheet as the schedule grows and shrinks.
    Yeah, my solution to that has been not to place the notes on the sheet until we're pretty close to OFB. I do like his method, though. I'm reworking our fixture schedule now, might have to investigate that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast