Hello all,

Is it possible to export the model elements to layers based on the material of an object? Our office standard has different layers setup for the different types of materials available for construction, for example wood stud walls and masonry walls are on different layers in ACAD. Can this be achieved in the export settings as well? I tried to set this up using the layer modifier but I don't see any parameters for materials, when trying to set it up for walls. The exporting doesn't have to be a 100% match to the cad standards of the office, but I would like to get it close.

The purpose for trying to set this up is the bulk of our work, when it comes to the actual construction documents, is still created and issued in ACAD but we use revit for coordination and trouble shooting on complex projects. If I can get it set up to match our office standards, to an extent, for exporting it would give us a good starting point on some of the complex details that we usually have to add after the project has been modeled and trouble areas identified and worked out.

Thanks,

Kyle