See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Now what did I do to it?

Login to Give a bone

Red face Now what did I do to it?

The other day I was monkeying around with 3D settings in the options of MEP and probably (more than probably) changed something. But here's my problem and it's never happened before. I'm kinda old school I guess, when I need to make a 3D part for a block or MVPart or whatever, I've always extruded a square or rectangle. Yesterday I extruded a rectangle and suddenly I can't make it solid. It's open on the ends that I extruded from and the opposite end. There were just four solid sides instead of six. I've tried to unmonkey the settings with no luck, and don't know what is the defaults are.
    I'd appreciate any advice someone may have other than "Leave the settings alone"...
    Thanks.
    Kevin...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Now what did I do to it?

Assuming you are using the EXTRUDE command, start the command but use the MOde option before doing anything else, and chose the Solid mode. It sounds like you currently are in Surface mode. When you first start the command, it will tell you the current mode.

Command: EXTRUDE
    Current wire frame density: ISOLINES=4, Closed profiles creation mode = Surface
    Select objects to extrude or [MOde]: mode
    Closed profiles creation mode [SOlid/SUrface] <Solid>: solid
    Select objects to extrude or [MOde]:

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Now what did I do to it?

Geezo Flip Batman, I've never noticed that before... Thank You David, much APPRECIATED! I could have sworn I messed up a setting or two. Back to the grind...