Thread: 2 Errors Were Found In

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Getting Errors: 2 Errors Were Found In The Drawing During Open

AutoCAD 2016
    AutoCAD Civil3D 2016 Object Enabler
    Windows 7Pro 64Bit

For some reasons, my AutoCAD has started giving me issues again. Now, in a project, 95% of the files I open has errors. Since I work a lot with site plans, I tend to use lots of files from civil and survey which happen to relate to Civil3D. I don't use to have the issue much until now.
    It got better when I installed AutoCAD Civil3D 2016 Object Enabler. Bye the way, it also happens (with the same files in other machines with AutoCAD 2016 and Windows 7Pro 64Bit).

Annoyingly, printing from Sheet Set Manager, gives me the same errors for every file printed (this defeats the use of Sheet Set Manager).

My searches gave me issues with LDT or AutoCAD 205, which are old now, so, I need help with the much newer version.

Thanks.
    2 Errors Were Found.JPG
    Last edited by omorah; 2015-08-04 at 11:57 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2 Errors Were Found In

One thing that could be causing the issue is the dwg files have become corrupt, this commonly happens when viewing Civil3D drawings in AutoCAD using an object enabler. I recommend running the audit command on each drawing file, this will fix any part of the drawing file that has become corrupt. If the audit does not return any errors with the drawing the next step would be to contact the person who created the Civil3D drawings and ask them to use the export to autocad command which simplifies the drawing for people with just autocad to view the drawing. I work with Civil3D and when somebody needs to review my drawings but only has AutoCAD I usually export my Civil3D drawing to an ACAD drawing which removes the need for a person to have object enabler. This also helps prevent error windows from popping up when opening the drawing in AutoCAD.

Hope these ideas help, let me know how it goes.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2 Errors Were Found In

Conversion works!

The Audit did not make a difference so all the files in the folder was converted through Civil3D 2016's converter. Went into Sheet Manager,
    opened all the sixteen files and none came back with errors anymore.

It got to a point that almost all my projects give me this error (since I work a lot with site plans created with Civil3D).
    From now on, if any folder gives me any errors, will just convert with Civil3D. It's bee quite a waste of time especially
    printing from Sheet Set Manager where I have to select "Yes" and "Ok" for each files to be printed.
    Now, all is fine (for now).

The only issue is many of the xrefs and viewports were 'undone', so I had to go in and redo many view ports and relink the affected xrefs.
    These are not much price to pay considering the previous frustrating errors I used to get.

Also, after the conversions, the JPG file in the title block (logo) got lost and deleted from the original folder.

"tpaul706771" Thanks for the conversion info.
    Last edited by omorah; 2015-08-14 at 06:44 PM.