I quite often run into situations where I set a views 'Underlay' to 'Level Above' to get awnings and roof lines to show so you can tell whats above. But by doing so you get everything else that is on that layer showing, when all you want is a roof object.

It would be nice to have an option in the properties for each object, that would allow you to select all the views you would like your object to display in as an underlay.

E.g. I have 2 roofs that are at 2 different levels and I would like them both to display as an underlay on one of the lower levels, but not to display all the objects surrounding or that are located between the 2 roof levels.I would leave the underlay parameter to none but them define which views the roof objects would display in.

It would also be nice to be able to define the line weight colour and pattern of the underlaid object too, similar to the object override in the visiblity dialogue but this time for objects.

You would still be able to use the general underlay option as before, but have the added benefit of object control too.